Learn something new
It's never too late to learn something new especially in an area as inspiring as the Hidden Howgills.
Pick up a new skill by learning a traditional craft in the Hidden Howgills. A broad range of courses are available including:
- A variety of mainly textile oriented craft workshops at Farfield Mill.
- Laura's Loom - Weaving Classes for Adults and Children.
- The Chair Workshop offers personalised tuition in the repair and restoration of cane,rush, willow, rope and seagrass chair seating.
- Children as young as four can create a ceramic masterpiece in the The Station House Pottery and Tea Rooms near Kirkby Lonsdale.
- Learn the ancient craft of drystone walling on a 1 or 2 day course run by Robert Willan at Orton.
Sedbergh Summer Sports Academies provide access to the very top level of sports coaching from international calibre coaches in their residential Summer Sports Academies for boys and girls aged from 10 to 15.
Sun Soar Paragliding, near Kirkby Stephen, provides instructors, training courses and equipment.